Rescue 15 Mianwali is a telephonic aid provided by the police to cater emergencies. All calls are received and responded by 3 assistants through their telephones. Data recorded from callers include the caller’s name, time, date and place of the incident, details of concerned police station, nature of crime and further the data is also forwarded to Chief Ministers complaint cell.
Providing help in emergency had been the origin of any rescue operations. Previously provided rescue services were outdated, inept and very slow. We only had five active helplines, which were to be operated by five different operators because the system was manual. Our capability of keeping the record of incoming calls was very poor, we could check record only from the CLI which were stored in it only for 15 to 20 mins. After digitalizing the system, although we are still operating five emergency helplines and they are being operated by three operators thereby, we are saving manpower to utilize it at some other end, furthermore, we can have the backup of every incoming call for no less than three months, it is huge betterment. Now, we can listen to the recorded audios which enable us to determine the seriousness of any call. Grasping the emergency we can aptly respond to the caller’s needs. Now, we can also block the mischievous calls. To keep a check on the operators we have an admin control system which is operated by a head operator who makes the operators deal only to emergency. He keeps a check over them by making them avoid any useless conversation or waste time idly. At every call the caller receives a welcome note which says “ ریسکیو 15 کال کرنے کا شکریہ ۔آپ کی کال بہت جلد متعلقہ آفیسر کو ٹرانسفر کردی جاے گی” it helps us build a softer image of police and make the man in emergency feel that the number he dialed is not busy, he has been able to be in contact. Soon his grievances would be redressed. Now, the digital system at 15 automatically attends the call. No operator can miss any call.
The assistants digitally record the following information of a caller:
- Caller Name
- Time & Date
- Concerned Police Station
- Nature of Crime
- Dispatched Police Mobile
Through admin desk, the team leader listens to the conversation taking place between the caller and receiver. He can access the assistants computer as well just in case. The team leader can intercept the assistants while he is online with the caller and can give his suggestions and instructions whereas on the other hand, the caller is unable to hear instructions.
Information of any heinous or cognizable offence is immediately passed on to DPO Mianwali through official cell phone by Incharge 15. Team leader also forwards the information to wireless control & GPS Incharge and then wireless control sends police mobile towards crime scene / point of incident etc. Further steps are as under:
- GPS Incharge tells wireless control about the position of the nearest patrolling vehicle for dispatching to the point of occurrence for prompt response
- Police mobile reaches at the crime scene within 3 to 5 minutes in urban areas and 7 to 10 minutes in rural areas
- Team leader 15 after receiving information from wireless control that police mobile has been arrived at the ascertained point, calls the aggrieved or victim through official landline number to verify whether police mobile has been reached at the said place or not. If yes then whether they want to initiate/proceed legal proceedings against the offender etc. or not. If yes, then the caller is advised to contact the relevant PS for legal action
- SMS is also sent to the caller / aggrieved through official cell phone on behalf of DPO Mianwali whether he or she is satisfied with police behavior / legal action / time of arrival at point of incident etc or not
- The names / addresses and phone numbers of complainants are also submitted to official website of Chief Minister Punjab for his kind perusal
- Complete detail of adopted procedure is maintained manually in call record register including FIR No., recovery of stolen, snatched or unclaimed property, arrest, at large, total offenders, challan number, road certificate etc
- If compromise is reached between the parties, it is written in the prescribed Performa that the offence has been compounded